Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Seedlings to Plants

The seedlings have officially taken over... our house has gone from greenhouse to virtual jungle in the past weeks. The tomatoes (all 100+ of them!) had to be re-potted and are over a foot tall, and the cucumbers are getting ready to vine! I need sustained warm weather, stat, so I can get these plants in the ground! I've started hardening them off on the porch, as you can see. Hopefully by this weekend I can plant. I'm solidly in Zone 4, so our official last frost date isn't until May 15th, but I have row covers if needed. I've also been monitoring soil temp., and we have been approaching 65 degrees, which is warm enough for most of my "crops", provided we don't get a frost!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome! Happy tomato nurturing!

We are moving into our four square TOMORROW!!!! :) So excited!

-Sarah