Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Jeremy and Teri are Moving to MN!!

This is an exciting post for me- For those of you who don't know me personally, here's a synopsis:
I moved from Michigan to Minnesota about 6 years ago to attend graduate school. I loved the Twin Cities, so I stayed. My family lives in Michigan, and they don't get out to sunny Minnesota very often, (despite my consistent recruitment!) I have been lobbying both of my brothers (as well as various friends, and oh yeah, parents) to move out here. For a brief instant, it seemed like I might have a chance with my brother Jeremy, when he applied to medical school at the University of Minnesota and at Mayo Clinic. But, alas, he stayed in Detroit for medical school, lives next door to our other brother, and an hour away from our hometown- which is TWELVE hours from me, by car.
BUT NOW!! He is graduating from med school and had to choose potential places for residency. Again, the University of Minnesota and the Mayo Clinic made the list. He interviewed at 13 places, and finally got his match- the MAYO CLINIC!!!
YEEEEHAWW!!!
So, my brother and sister-in-law are bound for Rochester, MN, about an hour-and-a-half away from MEEEE!!
I'm pretty excited.
And now I'll have help recruiting everyone else.... Christopher? Mom? Dad?

2 comments:

N.R.G. said...

Hi there! Thanks for the support on the PEX spaghetti--it is easy to work with and this is the first time we have used it. Used copper in our last renovation and I spent more on flux and solder than on the pipe. My soldering looks Frankenplumbingesque.

Love your blog on the wedding on a budget. We spent my in-laws money 19 years ago and being the typical guy, when asked what I wanted, I said "Whatever?". I like that you grew your own sunflowers. That's the way we would do it today.

Gene

N.R.G. said...

Hi there! Thanks for the support on the PEX spaghetti--it is easy to work with and this is the first time we have used it. Used copper in our last renovation and I spent more on flux and solder than on the pipe. My soldering looks Frankenplumbingesque.

Love your blog on the wedding on a budget. We spent my in-laws money 19 years ago and being the typical guy, when asked what I wanted, I said "Whatever?". I like that you grew your own sunflowers. That's the way we would do it today.

Gene