I loved this... (story of my life!)
- You have had a piece of drywall sitting in your dining room for so long that you forget it is there and assume that it is part of your decorating scheme;
- You subscribe or watch TOH regularly and can refer to the cast members by their first names;
- The most exciting thing about your summer vacation is that you have new electrical and have your choice of which fabulous switch or outlet to use (who needs vacations anyways??);
- You have a playlist on your iPod called "Workin' On The House";
- When you go to an upscale shopping center you get a headache from all the pristine, perfume laden customers and you long to be back at Lowe's or HD where you actually feel more comfortable now (and this reality is sad and a total 180 from your former, pre fixer-upper self);
- You consider going up and down the ladder a good form of exercise;
- Not only is the piece of drywall part of your current decor, so are ladders, hammers, extension cords, drills, etc.;
- People have stopped asking what you did over the weekend because they now know that the answer is usually: 'Oh, you know, we worked on the house.'
- You have a thin layer of plaster dust over everything;
- Due to a current project your microwave is sitting on the kitchen floor and instead of finishing the project asap and returning the microwave to its home, you just use it on the floor;
- Sipping coffee and reading the latest on houseblogs has become part of your morning routine;
- You traded in your sport car for a truck;
- Collecting paint chips and scrutinizing the difference between "soft pumpkin" and "pumpkin cream" have become your new passions;
- You have accidentally ordered a "sconce" instead of a "scone" at your local Starbucks (yes, I actually did this);
- Sometimes you lay awake at night thinking about what to write for your next home improvement blog entry.