Friday, August 25, 2006

Housewarming Count-Down

In approximately 12 hours, Sean and I are going to open our house and our chaos for all the world to see. (Ok, well, anyone in the world that we've invited to come see it.)
I don't know why I feel a little apprehensive about this... We've told them all that the house isn't done yet- there is plenty of "work-in-progress."
But there's a little voice inside my head that worries, "I hope they don't think we're crazy..."
Even though it's probably true that we, along with most other old-house-afficianados, are a touch on the certifiable side.
So, we're going to mow the lawn and clean up the yard (the best space for people to hang out in) and hope they overlook the fact that there is a gaping hole in our dining room ceiling, or that we still have plumbing hardware all over our basement waiting for us to get to that pipe replacement project.
I'm sure it will be fun. Maybe I'll put up a checklist next to the various paint samples on walls all over the house and have them all vote on their favorites.
:)

No comments: